Monday, July 20, 2009

Glory to God in the Highest

Heavenly Father was really watching over us yesterday. The older boys left out their money and Enoch got into it. Needless to say he got a penny stuck in his throat. All I saw was Tenny push him over and then he started to gasp. I didn't know what was in there. He had a dried mango in his hand so I figured that must be what was in there. I turned him over and pounded his back but nothing. So I did a finger sweep. Still nothing. I pounded his back again and he threw up a little and a few drops of blood but he was still going blue. I started to run for the phone pounding his back and all a sudden a penny came flying out with blood. Finally He started to breath and eventually whimper and cry. All I could do is shake and hold my baby. I'm so grateful I came around the corner at the right time and that I had the medical training to know what to do. I strongly encourage everyone to get first aid and CPR training. YOU never know when the Lord my need you to save a life. Thanks be to God for his blessings.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow!! So scary!!! I'm so glad everything turned out okay. I think I'll go take a CPR/choking refresher course right now.

Savannah said...

Not fun! Josh swallowed a quarter once, but at least he didn't choke on it. I bet the kids don't get money for awhile...