Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who turned off the FAN?

So a little after midnight last night I woke up because I was sweating. My first thought was why did Donovan turn off the fan. Then as I tried unsuccessfully to get it back on it dawned on me the power might be out. Oh great! So I went to the kitchen for a drink which I was able to get by the light from the neighbors window. WAIT! Light from the neighbors window. Why is their power on and not ours? With further investigation I saw the problem.



This Downed limb took down the power line to our house. So we gave the Murphysboro police, fire department, and Ameren Power Company something to do with their wee hours of the morning. The police blocked one side of the alley, while the fire department blocked the other and watched for possible fire since it was a live wire. Some time around three they finished up and I was finally cool enough to sleep. I guess we didn't have enough excitement in our lives so we just needed to shake things up. :)

1 comment:

Sharene said...

That stinks. I'm so sorry!