My 2 little boys turned 4 last month. We had their birthday party the day before their actual birthday. It was interesting as I walked through the day to think about what I had been doing 4 years before. I was very grateful when I went to bed that night knowing that if it was four years ago I'd end up in and out of sleep with contractions until things went wrong and I'd have to have an Emergency C-section. I think that makes you relish sleep just a little more when you realize that it could be oh so different.
I'm so grateful though for the two little boys that I got. I'm so grateful that I was at the hospital when everything happened so that we could get those babies out so fast. It's amazing to think how close this post could have come to not existing.
So it is with great delight that I made these two cakes for my boys who are just as different as night and day.
Elijah chose little einstiens Leo for his cake, and Enoch chose a rocket after seeing pictures on line. The Rocket cake is actually made with a fondant. It was my first experiment with fondant and it didn't turn out to bad. Although by time we got to the cakes the heat was taking quite a toll on them and the fondant started to sag and look like it was falling off.And here they are dirt and all. We had the party outside which was good and bad. We forgot that the kids would gravitate to my neighbors dirt pile. The Neighbors are building a garage and they have the greatest dirt pile ever. At least that's what the kids think. My house begs to differ.
After roasting hotdog's the kids played for a good hour on the dirt. We generally like to invite families to birthday parties so us adults had a great time chatting while our children got covered in earth, and of course several jokes about how We were going to get paybacks for the dirty children they would have to clean.
After cake we opened presents and then everyone was off to clean their kids.
The picture above was actually taken a few weeks before the party, but it lets you know how the pile looks. Actually at the time of the party the pile was even bigger as they had also cleared a spot to put in a driveway. I couldn't blame them for playing in it. What little kid would love a soft dirt pile to do tricks off of. My Neighbor Paul, who is a grandparent, said he always wanted to play in a dirt pile like that so he loved watching them get to do it. So thanks to all who came and made this day so fun and Thanks to Paul and Dalorus for the use of the dirt pile :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENOCH & ELIJAH
No comments:
Post a Comment