Thursday, December 18, 2008

Home alone 27

So you know that part in Home Alone where Kevin puts water on the stairs and then later the Robber comes and slips on it falling all the way to the bottom step. Well I promise you that there is no way he would have been able to get up after that. I should know I did it yesterday. We had a little ice storm here that left about an eighth of an inch of ice on things. Not that much I know but apparently enough to cause significant damage to ones spine. I was headed out of the house to a doctors appointment when I looked at our front porch steps and thought they looked a bit wet. Not thinking to much about it, and being a bit in a hurry, I took a step. I remember only one thing between where I started and where I ended up and that was a loud crack that came from the region of my spine. I don't think I actually hit on my spine but I'm not sure because a lot of things hit our four large concrete steps. Anyway needless to say I ended up in the Emergency room on a back board. After extensive x-rays they said I had not broken any bones but I did have significant muscle damage. Enough to raise my potassium level in my blood. Looking back I think man I'm just glad I didn't break anything. Taking care of twins is hard enough let a lone the fact that one has the flu right now and Tennyson has pneumonia, but hey throw a broken bone into the mix and that would just be awful. Anyway after drugs, Ice, and rest I am feeling ok and I am able to get around. So Word to the Wise-look before you leap, or step, or any other forward motion when ice may be present.

No comments: