Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas 2009

Donovan's brothers family has a tradition of sleeping out under the Christmas tree for a night some time before Christmas. We thought it sounded like fun... for our kids.(we're kind of wussy so we slept in our bed) The kids thought it would be fun to build a fort and sleep under it with the door open to the Christmas tree lights so we agreed and the fort was constructed as you can see.

It was a definite success so we will probably do it again next year. The kids were so cute about it and made sure they cleaned it up real good the next day.( which is why Mommy thinks it was a success)
The rest of the pictures are not in any chronological order so I'll just add my blurbs as I feel necessary.
We try to get pictures of the kids individually with their presents every year but this year we had to have a group shot because of what happened when we tried to do individuals.
Yes this was Enoch's reaction to a picture by himself with his presents. Apparently it was just all a little to over whelming. Even my attempts to show him the pictures of a book he just got were all in vain. So we had to resort to having him sit on my lap, and hey when Mommy's lap is open Elijah just feels he has to sit in it.
Elijah was more then willing to Cheese for a picture... but only one. As soon as the flash went off he was gone in a flash.
Here's my camera lover. He'll pose all day long if you let him. I've often thought he would probably like to be a child actor but I can't reconcile my conscience with that kind of torture.(mostly it would torture me to be so scheduled)
Tenny was so cute about his pictures. He tried so hard to look at the camera and smile when all he wanted to do is open his candy and eat it.
Here is our tree before the kids came in on Christmas morning.
This picture and the next three are actually a few days before Christmas. If we lived in Utah the kids would go to the family Christmas parties and open up presents. Since we can't do that Donovan's parents send us gifts for them to open on those days.



Some of the memorable moments of Christmas....

I hope you enjoyed our little glimpse into our Christmas. We hope to see what fun things you did this last Christmas.(hint hint to anyone who hasn't blogged about their Christmas yet:))

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! I can't believe how different the twins look. Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Mom Weight said...

Thank you so much for posting these Christmas pictures. It was so great to be with you just after Christmas. Each time I look at the blogs of our children I think "Yup, we have the cutest grandchildren ever." (Plus best looking children!)