Thursday, December 15, 2011

Birthday cake creations

So Trey had his 9th birthday this month. As per request I made him this cute Snowman cake. I think it turned out great. We used extra cake for eyes which I think looks a lot like coal. We used starburst's for the nose and scarf, chocolate chips for the smile and buttons, and chocolate licorice for the arms.
Look how happy little frosty is :) 

 
         
 Well as a cake I he should have know that it wouldn't last. I actually laughed when I saw what Trey had done with the chocolate chips after he cut of the head to eat it.

Eden also had a birthday a few months ago and I've meant to post pictures of her cake, but have been far to busy during the semester. TGFCB (Thank goodness for Christmas Break) ok maybe it won't be as catchy as TGIF, but for the wife of a beginning professor it's fitting.
 So here is my first cute cake creation. I'm normally not very good with decorating, but I didn't do to bad with this one.
 Unfortunately it was not very well appreciated by our sweet one year old. She got the unexpected gift of a rare case of strep throat for her birthday. Rare because usually children under 18 months don't get it.
 So our usually happy go lucky girl...well was not happy with us when we were trying to celebrate her birthday.
 Believe it or not she already knows how to roll her eyes. The above picture I caught mid eye roll.
 " Just shut that thing off mama I'm sick of pictures!"

 (In October before the strep)
Lest you forget how happy she usually looks I thought I'd add the last two pictures to help you remember how cute she Usually is.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Nice cakes Teah, I didn't know you had that talent!
Chris