Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Tennyson

So here is the birthday boy the night before his birthday. He has been so excited this year. He tells everyone he meets about how it's going to be his birthday. I have to admit that because of his excitement I have been excited for it too.
Here we are for our Mommy, Daddy, Tenny birthday date. We went to Dairy Queen so Tennyson could get ice cream with his meal. Don't mind that drugged up looking lady in the picture I'm not sure where she came from... Oh wait never mind I guess that's me. Note to self don't take benadryl on the morning of your kids birthday or you will spend the next six hours knocked out, which is what happened.

Tennyson ended up eating more ice then food I think. The ice at dairy queen is good, but this little guy thought it was the best thing on the menu. So much for the grilled cheese and french fries idea. We did eventually get him to consume some calories with a little ice cream.


Then we headed off to the park. By this point momma was kind of out of it. Ok so there was no kind of to it. I was asleep in the van while Daddy and Tenny played at the park. So at this point it became a Father & Son activity.


These are little bells that you can play on. They are actually really pretty sounding so it's not annoying to hear children play on them ( I actually was awake for this picture because it was one of the first ones taken)
Yeah! after a nice long nap momma returned to the land of the living to make a yummy dinner of pizza and watch Tenny open presents.
As Tennyson was opening each present he would say " What is it, It's It's It's..." and then what ever the present was. I have a video of him opening Trey's present to him that I will post next time. It has him asking what it is really excitedly.
After Presents we were off to do the most anticipated event of all. To tell you how much Tenny was excited for this, I picked up frosting on Saturday for his cake and he literally carried it everywhere he went for two days. In fact he even took it to bed with him for naps and at night.
He specifically asked for a " Chalk-lick" birthday cake with "Chalk-lick" frosting. So that's what we did. It worked out great because the chocolate looked like dirt for the motorcycles on top.
He was able to get out all three candles in one big breath. ( as a funny side note Donovan talked to him about making a wish before he blew out his candles. Then he asked what Tenny wanted to wish for. Tenny said " A piece of Chalk-lick birthday cake " Talk about your wish being granted real fast.)
Here's the result of lots of green sprinkles for grass. Of course some of that green might have come from the candle Tenny took a bite out of because he didn't believe us that it was not candy. He now knows the meaning of the word WAX. Translation for three year old "something that doesn't taste good"
So that was the much awaited for 3rd birthday. All I have to say is I love this little boy more now then I think I ever have. I hope everyday I love him just a little more. I Thank God for the gift he has given me to be alive and share these moments with my children.
I Love you Tennyson

2 comments:

The Stoddard Show said...

cute pictures. i laughed about the benadryl episode. kids are always SO excited about their birthday parties, presents, and cake. madeline would always ask what was on the friends birthday cake. she loved the decorations more than anything.

Ercanbrack's said...

Your Boys are adorable! Crazy how time flies. Love the Benadryl story! HE HE HE!