
I got tagged so here is my Honest Scrap.
1. I love Jane Austen and L.M. Montgomery(Authors-for the non-literary type). I kind of see myself as a mix between Lizzy and Anne.
2. One of my biggest pet peeves is people complaining about their spouse. If you married them you are on the same team. So when you complain about your spouse you are just complaining about yourself.
3. Another pet peeve is when first time moms think the world revolves around their child. I can say this because I was a first time mom once and I'm sure I did the same thing. The reason I put this statement is, in the last six months you would not believe how many moms-o-one have left me in a lurch. I hate the excuse " Well it's my baby's bed time. I need to go." What about my FOUR children who are exhausted not to mention the mother who gets up with them. Do these people realize that when they leave after an activity, event, or celebration that it takes two or three times as long for one person to do all the work that could have been done in a few minutes. Of course I guess this pet peeve could go for all people who leave the work for someone else. Okay enough of my diatribe on to the next piece of scrap.
4. I love Irish Setter Dogs and would love to have one some day, but I probably won't since my kids are allergic. Maybe when they grow up and move away.
5. I don't like scary anything: Movies, books, people etc.
6. I believe that their are people in the world who are trying to convince the general public that bad things are good. Things like wizards, witches, Vampires, and sorcerers. (sorry all you harry potter, twilight, Lord of the ring fans.)
7. My new favorite sauce is Prego traditional mixed with Bertolli's Alfrado. It's fantastic! (two parts red to one white if anyone wants to try it.)
8. I believe I married the most wonderful man on earth. Sorry to everyone who only got second best.:)
9. I am a home body. I know that sounds weird to those of you who knew me in high school and college. I really do enjoy just being home with my family though. I actually become over loaded when I'm in public to much, and it takes several days away to just rest and recover. I think this may have come from being a young women's leader and then from that into the ward activity chairperson. After so many people(and their problems) you kind of get all peopled out. I guess taking four kids into public could also account for some of it.
10. I never thought I would have four children by this age. I especially didn't think they would all be boys, but I wouldn't change it four the world.
Okay so there is my closet full of scrap. I think I will just tag anyone who wants to tell us about their scrap.
4 comments:
I have to agree on the complaining about spouses. You chose to marry them, you chose to commit to them. Once you are married you become "ONE". But sadly, I don't think many couples see it that way.
But that brings me to the next point...I think I am married to the most awesome man out there. But I guess that just goes to show that some matches would never work and therefore we each think we have the best husband ever. But my husband seriously the best hubby ever in my eyes.
I love Twilight & Harry Potter, but just as a good read. It doesn't mean I believe in wizards and vampires, but I guess some people go to the extreme. I just enjoy a good read. I also enjoy Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites, but I know I can't go back in time. But I can see you point, some people just go way extreme. I read to escape reality, but I don't bring those stories into my reality. I hope that makes sense.
I love being a home body! There's just something about being able to stay in the comforts of your own home. And we haven't gotten really bad at it, we hardly even go to family dinners anymore. But with Josh in school during the week, it's just nice to stay home during the weekend and not have anywhere to go.
I loved your scrap!
Love the musical beds tribute and the prank. How fun. It was also fun to read more about Teah.
I love President Kimball's quote about dating. You need to date and find your pinnacle of perfection. Ryan is most certainly the pinnacle of my perfection and I cannot imagine complaining about him. He is my better half, so why would I complain about the better part of myself?
I admit it. I am a mom-of-one. I don't however think the world revolves around my daughter. I do however know that MY life does revolve around her.
I would have never thought to combine the sauces. I will have to try it.
I am sorry but I am going to have to respectfully disagree about Twilight and Harry Potter (have you even read them?). I believe that witchcraft and sorcery are real evil things that are invoking the power of the devil. However, Twilight and Harry Potter are nothing more than fantasy books. To say that these authors are trying to promote evil as good is to reject all fantasy and make-believe things as evil including fairies, mermaids, superheroes, and talking cars. Also to assert that Meyer is trying to make bad Vampires seem like a good thing only has credence if one actually believes in their existence.
I have read all the Twilight books, I have read all the Harry Potter books, and I have read all the Lord of the Ring books (not a fan of LOTR). The central message in all of the stories is good triumphing over evil. Isn't that the primary message of almost all good stories? You are right that there are lots of people calling evil good. I just disagree that it is in the form of these particular stories. I guess I will stop my diatribe now too.
Love your closet full of scrap. Cute cute Teah!
Post a Comment