I really had hoped that this relationship would stay the same after she was born. Surprisingly enough it changed...yep I was cut out of it :) Now he's not near so protective of me, but twice as protective of Eden. He is her Knight in shining armor.
Every day after preschool Tenny has to reconnect with Eden. If he can't hold her because she is eating or being changed he will softly rub her head or get as close as possible to her. When he does hold her it's not the two minutes that most 4 year olds want, it's usually for 15-20 minutes and sometimes longer if he's got a movie on. Tenny even reajusts her if coughs or cries out. He pats her back and get's her binky if she's really fussy.
Lately also he has started to help change her diapers. In fact yesterday when a friend came over to watch the boys while Eden and I went out Tenny was instructing her how to properly change Eden's diaper.(she was getting Eden ready while I got myself ready.)
The picture above is a pretty usual seen in my house around 11 am, and it's one of the sweetest things I've seen.
Tenny tell's us all the time that he loves Eden. He even tell's us since Eden is a girl and he's a boy that he is going to marry Eden when he grows up. We'll just let he go with that for now. He'll learn the facts of life soon enough. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment