Friday, April 9, 2010

St. Louis Zoo

Since living in Illinois we've had the privilege of living within two hours of one of the biggest zoo's in the US. What's even better is that it is free. Unfortunately we probably don't take advantage of this as much as we should, but one weekend last month we decided to stop by for a little while. The boys were so excited especially to see the gorilla's. They were well rewarded as the gorilla's put on a good show for them.


This was the twins first time at a zoo. They were completely fasinated and spent most of the time roaring at all the animals. I think they figure that's the best way to greet animals.
Can you guess what Enoch spent most of his time doing?


I think the bird cage that we walked through was probably the babies favorite. Mostly because we let them out of the stroller so they could walk.
I got Tenny's smile but getting him to look at the camera at the same time is quite a trick.
The funnest part about the bird cages is how close you can get to the birds.
That's my little monkey's.
I think we only brought the stroller so Donovan could get a little more exercise walking the zoo. We actually did have the twins in the stroller for the first little bit, but as soon as we let them out once they were hooked. They did pretty good staying between us.
I took this picture and thought man this just typifies our family. Four boys in various stages of climbing.
In all our time at the zoo was definitely a success and will have to be repeated soon since we didn't make it through the whole zoo... Again. Yes again. We were there for two hours, but on average this zoo takes about 5 to 7 hours to go through the whole thing. So as a shameless plug, if your ever in St. Louis make the zoo one of your stops. It's well worth the money you spend... Which is $0..:)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It's free??? I didn't know that! It sounds like that was a really fun trip. We went to St. Louis last Spring and I didn't even know we were right next to the zoo!

Annie

Lisa said...

Looks like you guys had fun - How's everything going? Any news? How are you feeling?

Sharene said...

That is so fun. I love the Easter post as well!