Thursday, July 29, 2010

In my pretty Garden

So I've been meaning to post some of these pictures for over a month but things have been very chaotic. I love my garden. I often wish I had more time to spend in it. I bought this rose bush above the first spring we were here. It's struggled but it finally bloomed two years ago... in November no less. Anyway this summer it seems to be doing really well. The bud above was the first blooming this year.
I was so excited when I saw it bloom. Its a beautiful bright red unlike most red roses that look more pink.
Unfortunately this bush only blooms one rose at a time, but they are long stemmed so if I want to pick them and put them in a vase I can.
This is a fancy lily. It actually has a flower inside a flower look. This was the first year that it bloomed.
Donovan's hand shows how tall our tomato's are. They have gone nuts this year. They were so big and laden with fruit that they actually broke some of the cages and were falling over. I've already canned one batch of salsa done completely with tomato's and jalapeƱos from our own garden. Pretty good to get 14 quarts of tomato's by the middle of July, and they are still going. Trey goes out and picks a walmart bag every two or three days.
Ah my beauties. I love oriental lilies! This year only two of my plants came up and flowered but oh what wonders they are. There smell is something fantastic too.
We also had large crops of raspberries, strawberries, lettuce, and spinach this year, but I don't have any pretty pictures of those :) I hope where ever we go in the future I can grow things. It makes me feel so accomplished to provide for my family and make our yard beautiful.

No comments: