Those of you who have read our blog for any amount of time know that my wife is very lauditory of me. So I wanted to take a few minutes to return the favor. In her last post she wrote that I try to be a better husband because I know that she thinks the world of me. That is part of it, but I also try to be better everyday because of how good she is to me. My wife is a smart, gifted, funny, beautiful woman who could easily have made different choices and not had to deal with many of the trials that we face in our life together. However, she chose me (another one of her great characteristics, her excellent judge of character!) and has willingly let me drag her across the country and through the depths of college induced debt all so that I can fulfill my dream of being paid slightly above minimum wage to put a room full of college students to sleep three times a week!.
One of her great strengths compliments one of my weaknesses. I unfortunately tend to be an out of sight, out of contact sort of person. I tend to not work hard enough at keeping up with friends when they, or we, move. She on the other hand has maintained these friendships, and family relationships through space and time. She is the one that regularly keeps everybody updated on the blog and on the phone. I am pretty good with talking to people when I have them on the phone but I rarely think to call them.
I have been so proud of Teah for the past few months. As the twins are growing and sleeeping for longer periods of time, she has tried more and more to let me sleep when they wake up, and take care of them herself. I know that I don't thank her nearly enough for that. She feels bad sometimes because it means that she is too tired during the day to do some of the chores around the house. However, when you think that at this age, it is very normal for babies to wake up twice a night, then take that and multiply it by two then on good nights she probably gets up about four times (they are still not completely synchronized, you would think that they should know by now that they should only wake up when the other does!) Then when you factor in nights like last night when one of them was not feeling well, well, Teah does not sleep much most nights. I usually don't find out about this until the morning. She usually does it all by herself and lets me sleep. Well, I could go on, but for now, I have a wife who is sleeping and a baby who is hungry and a wife who is sleeping. I will go and get him some cereal so I can try to be the superspouse who my wife thinks that I am meanwhile, we all know who the lucky one really is (cue the song, "She Thinks She Needs Me.")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys are great!! I love the "Tennyson talk" and the "Treytion Station."
Post a Comment