So every night Tennyson comes up with a million and one reasons not to go to bed. Then after all his reasons are exhausted, and his parents too, he resorts to sneaking out of bed. So last night on one of these said sneaks he decided to try a new tactic. It went something like this.
Daddy is sitting at the table when he notices the door open a little wider. Slowly a little toy pirate head peeps out from behind the door then goes back. Then it slowly peeps out again and soon the full body is in full view then it goes back behind the door. Meanwhile, Daddy is trying to keep from splitting a gut. The two year old holding the pirate behind the door thinks "hum... if Daddy isn't saying anything about the pirate coming around the door then the coast must be clear." So slowly the two year old's head peeps around the door. "Tennyson, Get back in bed!" The door quickly closes.
"Ah man busted!"
I guess you can only get out of bed if your a pirate.
2 comments:
That was so funny. And yet, so smart on his part. I would have laughed when I saw the pirate and then the kids would have known I was watching.
It's me again. I just checked your sidebar again and love the little quips you put in about the boys! I love the "come here Busy!"
Post a Comment